This Weeks Specials and Snacks

Week of March 2nd
Mon. Music/Karli
Tues. Katee
Wed. Lia
Thurs. P.E./Liam
Fri. Early Dismissal 10:30-12:00

(remember to wear tennis shoes on P.E. day!)


This Month:
Social Studies/Science

St. Patrick's Day/Insects

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Flanagan Forum

August 18th, 2008

We have had another wonderful week in kindergarten and I am still so impressed with what fun, polite, kind and hard-working kids you have. Kudos to you! We began to rotate through reading, language, art, and math/science centers last week and will continue with these rotations each week for the rest of the year. It is during this center time that I will use my weekly parent volunteers. (From 2:00-3:00 each day.) A sign-up sheet will be posted at Curriculum Night on Tuesday, and we will begin parent helpers next week. Speaking of Curriculum Night, ours will be held on Tuesday, August 19th at 5:00pm in our classroom. Please plan on at least one parent attending per child. I am sending home a Curriculum Night packet in today’s homework folder for you to read through prior to C.N. and I will answer any questions you have on Tuesday.
Thank you for sending your child’s homework folder in on Friday. I will continue to send the homework folder home on Mondays and will collect them on Fridays. I generally do not check the homework folders until Friday, so if you ever have a note for me that needs immediate attention, it is better to tape or pin it to your child’s shirt or backpack where I will see it, rather than putting it in the folder.
Parents have homework again this week! Please email me at my home and school email address this week. This will allow me to record your email address and allow me to send quick notes periodically. You can jot me a note or just write “email contact” in the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you!
I’d like to introduce our fantastic Instructional Assistant, Iris Rodriguez. Iris has been with me for two years and is an invaluable help in our classroom. She is studying pediatric nursing in college and has many years of experience with children. You will be seeing a lot of Iris this year as she works with and takes tender care of our kindergartners. Feel free to introduce yourself the next time you stop by the classroom.

Skills Of The Week

Our letters of the week are Bb and Ff, our color of the week is blue, our number of the week is two, and our first sight word is the.
Helpful Hint: My daughter Shaylee has been experimenting with an awesome website called http://www.starfall.com/ It helps reinforce skills learned in kindergarten. I have been very impressed with this site and wanted to share it with you. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Do you have a great educational website that you’d like to share with the other kinder-families? Email it to me and I will post it on the next Flanagan Forum.
Letters We Have Learned
Tt
Numbers We Have Learned
One 1
Sight Word Bank
the
Upcoming Dates
Wednesday, August 27th­
Early Dismissal
P.M. Kindergartners will come to school from 10:30 to 12:00
You are always welcome to contact me at:
Or at
Or

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!